HOW TO GET STARTED
Explore this website, especially the frequently asked questions (FAQs), to learn about the Excel Adult High School program and how it works. We encourage you to make the decision that is right for you. Additionally, to be eligible to enroll in this program, you must live within the library’s service area and have a library card in good standing or be willing to get one.
The questions below will help evaluate if the program is right for you. If you can answer “Yes” to these questions and want to begin the process of enrollment, click “Get Started” at the bottom of this page.
Is online learning right for you?
- Are you able to spend 8 or more hours a week working on the coursework?
- Do you have access to a computer or tablet with internet service? If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, are you able to regularly use a computer at your local library?
- Are you willing to utilize the built-in tools and services (tutoring, success coaching, etc.) provided by the school when you need academic and technology support?
- Are you self-disciplined and well-motivated to complete the online courses?
If you are unable to answer “Yes” to these questions but wish to further explore finishing your high school education, please contact the library. They may have resources that can help you achieve your education and career goals.
By clicking “Get Started” you will be asked to sign up for an Excel High School account to begin enrollment into the Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School program. Once the library has approved your request, you can begin a 2-week course Life Skills which you must complete in 2 weeks or sooner with a 70% or higher. Get started now at NO COST to you.
During the prerequisite course, you will:
- Explore the online learning environment to determine if you are comfortable with this self-paced approach to learning. The prerequisite course must be completed with a 70 percent or higher and within two weeks.
- Assess whether the Excel Adult High School online program best meets your educational needs, or if alternative options for high school completion are more appropriate.
- Demonstrate to the library your commitment to furthering your education through the successful completion of the full Excel Adult High School program.
Those who successfully complete the prerequisite course with a 70 percent or higher within two weeks will be eligible for a scholarship award. Prospective students will be contacted by the library to discuss their application into the program and to schedule an interview at the library. A determination will be made regarding the scholarship award by the library’s enrollment team after the interview.