You must successfully complete a total of 21.5 credits, which may include a combination of credits earned through Excel Adult High School and transferred credits from another accredited institution, in the following areas:
- English (4 credits)
- Math (3 credits)
- Science (3 credits)
- Social studies (3.5 credits)
- Health/PE (1 credit)
- Fine Arts (1 credit)
- Electives (6 credits)
Excel Adult High School transfers credit for courses completed at other accredited high schools, home schools, colleges, or successfully passed portions of the GED®, HiSET®, or TASC. To receive credit from passed GED, HiSET, or TASC exams, Excel Adult High School requires an official transcript.
After you complete the two-week prerequisite course and enroll in the full Excel Adult High School program, you should request transcripts from your high school and/or GED, HiSET, or TASC exams be sent to the office of the registrar for evaluation. The registrar’s office will audit your transcripts and apply credits for any coursework you’ve previously completed that fulfills credit transfer requirements.
- You can transfer up to 16 credits.
- A minimum of seven courses (6.5 credits) must be completed with Excel Adult High School to meet graduation requirements and earn the high school diploma.
- Download a transcript request form.
- To request credit for standardized exams, go to the GED websiteto request your GED transcript, HiSET transcript, or TASC transcript.
If your state doesn’t issue a transcript for GED, HiSET, or TASC test results, please contact the Excel Adult High School enrollment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Long Does It Take to Graduate?
Depending on how many credits you transfer, you can be on your way to earning your high school diploma in as few as three to six months! You’ll be given up to 24 months to complete the program. On average, it takes about three to six months for adult students to complete a grade level.
For example, if the student:
- Completed through 11th grade or higher: 3–6 months
- Completed through 10th grade: 5–9 months
- Completed through 9th grade: 6–12 months
- Completed no high school credits: 12–18+ months
Get started today! See if Excel High School is right for you. If eligible, there is no cost for this program.